The new Bodhisaddha Hall is currently under construction.
The next stage of development is the building of the roof. This will be made from a steel frame and use terracotta tiles. The roof will have unique copper features and cover a large 4 metre verandah. This is hoped to be completed by November 2019.
The completion of the roof will be marked by the enshrinement of the Borobudur Stupa at the pinnacle of the roof.
Any donors wishing to sponsor a section of the roof may contact the monastery committee.
Other general tax-deductible donations to Bodhisaddha Hall may be made through the Building Fund (details below).
Current Development of Bodhisaddha Hall
28th April 2019: Enshrining the Buddha Statue inside Bodhisaddha Hall
(above: current shed used as a hall)
The new Bodhisaddha Hall will be used for many monastery activities including:
– An Eating Hall where monks have their daily meal and meet with visitors
– A Meditation and Chanting Hall for monks and laypeople
– Preparation and kitchen area used daily by visitors
– Space for laypeople to have their meal after the monks
– Public toilets (sufficient for large events) including disabled bathroom
– Monks’ Common room with bathroom and bowl washing area
– Open dormitory space for guests staying for retreat (with 4 showers)
– Storage space for offerings donated to the monastery